Welcome! Tom and Yvonne Pitzi are the owners of David Robbins Homestead. Located in the St George river valley, our home is overlooking Seven Tree Pond. We offer a peaceful country setting … Three guest rooms, and a farm fresh breakfast. Within the heart of the Mid-Coast region, only minutes from coastal village of Camden, Rockland, Damariscotta, Wiscasset… from our backyard, countless day trips!
David and Bess Robbins came to Union in 1775, and their children came with the rest of the Robbins family in 1776. They were the first family to settle in Union. Their arrival by schooner from Massachusetts, and the early years of their settlement (called Sterlingtown) was documented in the historical novel Come Spring written by Ben Ames Williams in 1940.
David and Bess built a cabin in the cove on the shore of Seven Tree Pond in 1776. They built the farmhouse in 1786. The farmhouse was re-modeled in 1890, and again in 2003.
School was held in the cabin by the cove, and the first cemetery in Union was on the high point of land overlooking the narrows of Seven Tree Pond.
Each summer the town of Union celebrates "Founders Day", and provides a bus tour of historical locations, including our place, the original David and Bess Robbins Homestead!